Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I did!


8 years ago, I was a blushing young bride, full of love and hope for the future. I heard all the advice and cliches about marriage, some were good, most were bad. I didn't care. My guy and I are different, I assured myself. I was old enough to know that no marriage runs smoothly, but I prided myself with the thought that our love will take us through the toughest times. Love and trust are the most important ingredients in a relationship. We had both. Nothing else mattered.

Now, 3 kids and a million arguments later, I can honestly say that nothing could have prepared me for what came after I do. Don't get me wrong. I am happily married and hope to be this way for the rest of my years. But now more than ever, I know that love alone does not make a marriage.

While it is true that no two marriages are alike, I am hoping that anyone who reads this blog will take away something from it that will make the journey less unpredictable.

No comments: